Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Review: Revlon ColorStay Combination/Oily in Warm Golden

Hello loves! So this is my first post for 2012. I wish you all the best and I hope that your 2012 will be more blessed, joyous, happy and unforgettable.
So moving on, I'm here to show you my review for the Revlon ColorStay Combination/Oily Skin in shade Warm Golden.

This liquid foundation is just the perfect, perfect shade for me. This is HEAVEN! I've been looking for a foundation that will match my skin tone and I guess I found the one! I chose this online and to tell you, it was very hard to choose a foundation online.

Revlon ColorStay Foundation Combination/Oily skin SPF 6
Lasts up to 16 hours
Gives a flawless look and lightweight feel.

How to use:
Shake well and then apply to one area at a time, blending quickly.
Remove with facial cleanser.
Apply prior to sun exposure.

 

 



Good Thoughts: 
It was a bit confusing to choose foundation online because of the fact that you are not sure if that foundation will match your skin tone. I had thoughts on choosing other shades and even asked my cousin but she had no answer to my question. So I took the risk of choosing the foundation, but on the other side, I had no regrets at all for choosing this. I love this foundation because of the coverage that it provides, it can go from medium to full coverage. It covers my obvious pores around my cheeks and nose and it has that feeling of being so light on your face and seems like you don't have any foundation on. The lasting power is perfect, just so perfect that it almost came to the point where I don't feel like washing my face at all (but this is a bad habit). I can’t say if it wears for 16 hours but I’ve personally tested it for up to four hours and I didn’t notice it getting oxidized or transfer anywhere. It also didn’t turn my face greasy so I never had to set it with a compact powder. The lasting power is AHMAZING! I’ve never seen any foundation with such a great lasting ability. It is made for hot and humid climate like here in Philippines. And the best part about this foundation is that it NEVER gets cakey.

Bad Thoughts:
This foundation doesn't come with a pump which is more convenient and easy to use compare to just pouring the liquid on the back of your hand. It has a smell that may annoy your nose when applying on your face.

Final Thoughts:
A perfect foundation for those who are living in hot and humid place just like here in Philippines. It does cover redness and blemishes but if you have pimple then it may not work for you and you still have to use concealer to hide the pimple. 

Would I purchase?
Absolutely. This is the best and perfect shade of foundation for me and I think I might stick to this, but I'm open to other foundation to try out.

PRO's
  • You have combination/oily skin type.
  • You live in a hot & humid climate.
  • You want a medium to full coverage.
  • You want a foundation that lasts longer without transferring.
  • You’re looking for a foundation that doesn’t oxidize.
  • You want a foundation with SPF.
CON's:
  • The odor bothers you.
  • You find it difficult to blend.
  • You wish it came with a pump.
  • It clogs your pores.
Watch my video review



Check out Revlon For Less facebook for Revlon Cosmetics :)